Sunday, February 22, 2015

Going to work...

Days are slow going.
Enjoyed many off although I often felt slightly guilty through the week that I wasn't more fun, wasn't organizing play dates, and was leaving the brunt of everything- cooking, shopping, dog walking, kiddo entertaining... to my husband. He's wonderful. Just wish it was a better balance but appreciate what he's done picking up the pieces. He's told me in his own way to keep up what I'm doing to stay positive and work on kicking cancer out of my body. Don't think all of my practices with essential oils, Chinese herbal medicine that grosses me out each time I drink it, qi gong practices, yoga and such are completely understood but boy do I feel complete support of everything I'm doing in this journey to keep strong and get rid of cancer.

Going to work without a wig.
Been looming.
Started making up a chant about it.
Silly I know. But there's my brain.

Inspired by - We're going on a bear hunt...

I'm going to work wigless, it's gonna be a big one, I'm not scared.
Can't avoid it, can't ignore it, just gonna push through it,
one day at a time....
-Stop- that's where I'd like to stop for now.

Grateful I got through a few commitments I was concerned about over the past week. Felt good to keep promises. Didn't accomplish everything I'd hoped to over the past week, especially with some professional reading I wanted to get through... Shall see what I get through over the next few weeks. It took me a while to read a book for one commitment and after I finished that I started this terrible book that I promised one of my students I'd read ages ago... I really, really don't like it. I can see why kids do though... I think. So, to clear the bad taste out of my mouth from the horrible book I had to read a few book treasures for future book reviews. Loved them, just like I knew I would. Shall be finishing that terrible book tonight. It actually has three stories in one book. Only going to torture myself with one of them. Will be happy to return it to the library and move on to other books instead... (So sorry to my Enid Blyton friends, I really tried, really. I just don't like her style and I feel quite disconnected the whole time I reading the book... sigh.)


Read this article about the food industry and found it thoroughly disturbing and simultaneously enlightening...
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/feb/21/a-feast-of-engineering-whats-really-in-your-food

As always, thanks for journeying with me. Probably will be quiet this week as I tackle many days of activities and commitments and treatment...  one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment