Friday, January 16, 2015

No Sat Chemo Wow! Getting thru the week

So.
This week.
I was ambitious about.
Mon-Thurs - some activity every evening.
I have my doubts.
Shall see.
I'm not feeling fantastic.
I'm not feeling enthusiastic.
In fact... I feel a little crappy.
My right ear feels a little full, like my tube is full of liquid.
I have a headache.
I also have a shoulder ache.
I now understand (once again) what fellow cancer people feel when having pain and wondering if it could be cancer spreading.
I try to be positive.
Honest.
Some days just...

So... that was Monday night.
Now it is Wednesday. Ear is still iffy, headache eased up Tuesday, shoulder ache eased up as well.
I was grumpy for a while today because I was feeling pressure to hear from my doctor to discuss some insurance issues when I tried to explain them to a kind receptionist who didn't completely understand me... but it turns out that she really did understand and my oncologist really helped us with one huge worry and made it much less worrisome with some paperwork adjustments I suggested. (Phew.) I'm so grateful... now to see if things get sorted out properly... nothing is ever guaranteed...

Now... Friday afternoon...
This week was a blur with four evening activities. First one- qi gong- fantastic as always. Second one - librarians meeting - good to catch up and see colleagues, wonderful people plus learned about some resources that were new-to-me. Third one was a CanSurvive cancer support group meeting with a presentor talking about foot massage/reflexology- fascinating, glad I went. Fourth one was my critique writing group- always grateful for time together and feedback on my writing... keeps me focused through the month on editing and writing more ideas down.

Today I finished off the projects at work that I'm pleased with- good to have progress. Then I took a walk down to the hospital after school and walked into the radiation section, reintroduced myself, and asked what was going on with appointments and treatment plans. They told me that I was scheduled for Monday. Asked about when and was asked to wait... waited for 20 minutes and now know Mon. afternoon I have not only a lovely CT scan but also a fantastic MRI scan... blech. Has to happen with both to prepare for radiation treatment. Hoping I can have afternoon treatments but know that depends on availability, etc. Shall see...

My acupuncturist told me about this cream that should help with radiation burns:
https://springwind.com/catalog/burn-cream

Hooray for the weekend. So happy and grateful to have my first official Saturday free of chemo treatment. Sure, radiation is coming up but it feels good to see a light at the end of this tunnel.
Need some resting time. Catching up with family time.
Thanks for journeying with me.
Ickiest my nails have ever been: green, blue, yellow dead but they are growing out...
I couldn't stop messing with them with the polish off, so now I keep applying blue polish.
Discovered with a friend Innisfree nail polish that doesn't stink terribly, feels slightly better/healthier to use it.
Darn chemo, really got me this past month with my eyebrows and eyelashes falling out pretty drastically (I'm getting good at drawing in my eyebrows I think) and the tips of fingers and toes tingling/pain- besides the dying nails...

3 comments:

  1. I am sending you every single ounce of love and healing I can. Xena sends doggy kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's so true then that nails are an indicator of health. I like your line, "Some days just...." Can't wait to see you soon ... until then, sending you lots of love and strength. XXOOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Debbie. I'm praying for you every single day. Sometimes throughout the day. I've been surprised by the sheer number of my friends and acquaintances who have struggled through life with cancer. Thank you for taking the time to blog even though you're tired and would probably rather put your energy toward writing in some other way. Maybe it's cathartic? Nevertheless it helps to know how to pray and to send healthy, positive and healing thoughts. 😘

    ReplyDelete