Friday, December 26, 2014

Holiday. More than just cancer

Appreciating this holiday. I can look away from the disease and have a little forgetting about cancer at times which is beautiful. Vacationing with friends is such a wonderful experience since we can have wonderful conversations, great peaceful experiences, and our boys have fun entertaining one another instead of needing parent entertainment. (Single child in household sometimes means parents are the entertainment.)
We are at our switch now. Been horrible Internet so far, we don't think the next place we are flying to even provides Internet (this resort had meh connection that completely died a few days ago.) sneaking in this quick post enjoying the fact that for the first time in 14 weeks I don't have to be poked with a needle. Two more right after returning but that is ok. 
I painted my fingernails. Was getting more upset and honestly obsessed by how more and more of my nail beds were  infected/weak underneath. Not that painting nails makes everything right but instead it calms me a tremendous amount to look at something that pains me (yes, started feeling sharp pains on and off in fingertips and toes) and see something somewhat pretty. 
Only had to talk about cancer with a few of the locals who were kind and worried. English speaking is good here, especially in comparison to Hong Kong. One woman bought me some local super fruit and made me a smoothie with it. Shall be investigating it further even though it didn't taste terrific. 
Thanks for journeying with me. We will miss our friends who head back tomorrow, we are off on another adventure tomorrow in another area of the Philippines. I've had a week of ups and downs with energy so hoping will just continue ups and not push myself too much. 
The fruit is at the top and one snapshot of me at resort restaurant. Hooray for hats, hair still growing out but I'm not ready to share yet. Figure when I can look in mirror and feel confident then I'll be free outside with head coverage. I see a tiny bit of my hair curling though a little just more grey than brown so far. 
Happy holidays and New Year to all. 

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good week so far, Debbie. It's lovely to hear that others want to hear how you're doing, & try to help. Keep enjoying your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you got to sneak in the update. Hope you're having a blast and find some other wonderful adventures while you're on your trip. Miss you my friend!! Have a fabulous rest of your trip.
    ❤️Jennie Kemhus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... Looking forward to seeing you once we return!!

      Delete
  3. I am so happy you are on this holiday, Debbie. Sending you tons of love and doggy kisses from Xena. You are always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, thinking about Xena more and more- many snuggles for both of you...

      Delete