Saturday, April 18, 2015

Going ahead, going ahead...

I've been in a tailspin down down down this week even as much as I knew better, I couldn't refocus my brain. I have been dealing with heavy coughing this week. It is really annoying. I also am dealing with some new pains that really upset me. My brain surprised me. I hadn't thought cancer when dealing with pains in the past but this time I freaked out. I haven't talked with my oncologist yet but I'm now down off the cliff, mostly. I noticed an odd bruise in the lumpectomy area which was worrisome and my scar tissue under my armpit felt terrible. Additionally my right lung returned to having that butterfly thump when I breathed in/out and some sharp pains in other areas of the lung. I know I'm acutely aware of my body and the signs it is giving me. I'm also aware that I have a lot of nerve damage after surgeries and radiation as well. So. Shall see what my oncologist thinks on Monday. Hoping that I actually sleep tonight. It didn't help that this week has been abysmal for sleep... with the coughing, pain, and more I've been a bit miserable. I think the anti-inflammatory has helped lessen the amount I was dealing with on Monday. The worst was Wednesday when I couldn't hold up the book I was reading to students with my right arm and I had to pause at times to deal with the pain spasms. Coughing randomly throughout the day doesn't help matters. I've taken cough medicine and no, it doesn't help. Lung pain might be an infection although I haven't had a fever... will find out soon.
So... yeah. Dealing with that.
The local hospital situation is over. My husband went in for me on Friday to talk with the oncologist who said the team of oncologists discussed and decided on option 1- wait and see. Heck no. That's not our plan. That's not ok with us.
I never cancelled my chemo appointment with my oncologist so that's on for Monday. Told the insurance company and the other person who encouraged me to check with the options at the local hospital the results. Done with one unknown. Gonna get thru this.
Really enjoyed the conference I attended with friends. Had a fun bbq fancy dinner with Megan the night before. I feel amazed at how lucky I am to have wonderful friends, professional development that inspires, and can't believe that I live here, in Hong Kong, where I can hop on a jet boat with a few hundred people and travel to another region... just a Hong Kong id card and passport and hello Macau. I'm not a gambler so bright lights and glitz simply make me chuckle. Serious security guards in banana yellow formal jackets make me chuckle as well.  Had a fun time there.
Thanks for journeying
My friend I've met thru a cancer support group sent me this. So true.

I liked the lighting at the hotel we stayed at...

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. I know there is nothing I can say to relieve the worry. I am hoping for you moments where you can forget your worries and quick answers to all of you concerns on Monday with NO waiting. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... Day to day... got answers, grateful...

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie, I'm so sorry I misunderstood your situation when I left my last comment. I thought you were feeling relatively well, as you had been during my visit, which is also what I wanted to believe. We hear what we want to hear, right? Couldn't hold up a book? Yikes! I'm freaking out for you!!! Anxiously awaiting your update on Monday. Meanwhile, sending you much love and infinite healing thoughts. XXXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lenore, please do not ever apologize, you are such a caring friend. You share what you think. I appreciate your opinion. Having hope and looking at the positive on my end. Feeling better about things today. Got thru the treatment. Much love your way... xxx

      Delete